What is the main cause of hair loss?
It can be the result of heredity, hormonal changes, medical conditions or a normal part of aging. Anyone can lose hair on their head, but it’s more common in men. Baldness typically refers to excessive loss from your scalp. Hereditary loss with age is the most common cause of baldness.
How can I stop my loss?
How to prevent loss and improve hair health
- Avoid hairstyles that pull on the hair.
- Avoid high-heat hair styling tools.
- Don’t chemically treat or bleach your hair.
- Use a shampoo that’s mild and suited for your hair.
- Use a soft brush made from natural fibers.
- Try low-level light therapy.
Why am I suddenly losing so much hair?
Possible causes of hair loss include stress, poor diet, and underlying medical conditions. Everyone experiences hair shedding, and it happens to each of us every day. Most people lose 50 to 100 hairs per day as part of this natural cycle, more on days you wash your hair.